HTC has introduced a new terminal this week, the HCT Snap. A mobile phone which, as they say, shows you “Your life in a Snap“. It is a slim and stylish device with an exposed QWERTY keyboard, out of useless features and perfectly suitable for people who want to simplify their life. This can be good for smartphone newcomers or users focus on e-mails, sms and web browsing.
This is not the first HTC device with portrait QWERTY format and, as his predecessors , it doesn’t have touchscreen, but it offers some new features that make it really interesting:
- Inner Cyrcle: A system which “get to your most important emails with a single press of a button.” You can create your own group of contacts and, pressing the “Inner Cyrcle” button, emails from these people you have selected will be moved at the top of your inbox.
- Jog ball: There is a trackball similar to Blackberry’s one, that allows you navigate in phone applications and menus.
- Keyboard: A Keyboard with raised keys for comfortable typing and buttons to direct access to the main functions as contacts list, calendar or inbox.
Although others of its features don’t stand out from the current mobile phone market, it doesn’t fall behind it either:
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7225, 528 MHz
- Operative System: Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard
- Memory: 256MB ROM, 192MB RAM
- Size: 4.59 X 2.42 X 0.47 inches
- Weight: 117.6g
- Screen: 2.4 inch QVGA (320×240)
- Battery: 1500mAh Lithium-ion (300 minutes WCDMA and 510 minutes GSM)
- Expansion Slot: SDHC (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Camera: 2.0 megapixel with fixed focus
- Communication: GPS, HSDPA, Wifi, Bluetooth 2.0
The HTC Snap is expected to be launched first in Europe in this quarter (the US version will be launched later).
Vía HTC Press Note