After having talked about the mobile browser Skyfire, now it’s available to be downloaded. So far it works on Windows Mobile (5, 6, and 6.1) and Symbian S60 (3rd edition), and only in these countries: US, Canada, and UK. However, you can use it in other countries at your own discretion. But the problem now, is that from their website you can only download it sending an SMS to phones from thos countries. So some of us will have to wait…
- Screen: support VGA and QVGA screen resolutions.
- WM models: works on Windows Mobile phones (not PDAs) like HTC Tilt, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Fuze, Motorola Q and Q9, Palm Pro, Palm 800W and Samsung Blackjack II.
- Symbian S60 models: works on E61, E61i, E62, E71, N73, N75, N76, N78, N79, N80, N81, N82, N85, N95 and N96.
- Tech support: it supports Flash 9!!!, AJAX and Quicktime.
- NOT support: WM PDAs!!! and WVGA WM phones.
How it works:
Skyfire works in a similar way to Opera Mini. The site you want to visit passes through Skyfire servers and then is sent to your mobile device the way it needs. It uses Firefox engine to render the sites. It allows zoom ans saving pics and other files from sites.
We are looking forward to having other countries and mobile devices to be supported!!!